Can you use both Volume and Expression Pedal with the H90?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can you use both Volume and Expression Pedal with the H90?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      JDonawa
      Participant

I have a traditional volume pedal (Dunlop Volume Mini X) on my pedalboard. I normally use it for volume swells. But since it has an Expression pedal port, I’d also like to keep it hooked up to the H90 at the same time to use it for expression pedal stuff (modulation, wah, etc.). Is there any way to do this without having to reroute or buy any external gear? Like is there a way to tell the H90 to automatically bypass volume when I’m using it as a volume pedal, and then to tell it to not cut the volume when I’m using it as an expression pedal?

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

Can you be more specific with how you’d like to set this up? Your whole signal chain goes through the input/output of the Mini X, and the aux port of the Mini X would be connected to the H90 exp pedal input? If this is the case, then whenever you adjust the exp pedal setting on the H90, you would also be adjusting the volume of the whole signal chain.

If you just connect the aux port of the Mini X to the H90 exp pedal input, you can map the exp pedal to control the input gain of the H90 and act as a volume swell when necessary, and then map it to other exp pedal functions when you want it to do something else.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.