Can’t figure out why the Tesla Tap won’t activate the tuner

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can’t figure out why the Tesla Tap won’t activate the tuner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unchained81

I got the Tesla Tap to use as an aux for the tuner.  In General Settings I dedicated the aux spot to “Aux Switch”.  When I tap the button on the Tesla Tap is just toggles between two presets back and forth.   Anyone know what step I’m not doing?  I

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It is possible for a single control to drive many things. Look at the other AUX switch settings, and you will find that it is also configured to drive other things – disable these and it should behave.

Unchained81
        nickrose wrote:

It is possible for a single control to drive many things. Look at the other AUX switch settings, and you will find that it is also configured to drive other things – disable these and it should behave.

Thank you!  It works now but honestly I don’t know why.  I changed “Toggle Tuner” to Foot Switch 3 (Tip + Ring) but I have no idea what that means.  I also notice something called “Increment preset” now shows Foot Switch 3 (Tip + Ring) too.  “Decrement preset” shows Foot Switch 2 (Ring).  ???????????

Sorry I’m new to the H9 for about 5 days now and don’t quite have a handle on all of it’s workings.  Awesome pedal though!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

With time comes wisdom – persevere.

The tip+ring is a way of getting a third footswitch out of two inputs. It is used in (for example) Digitech FS300. So, the tip connection of the jack is one switch, the ring is another, and both of them together at the same time is a third switch. Note that this needs either a special switch, or two diodes to make this happen.

Note that if you have the same switch assigned to multiple functions (as you describe) you may get confusing results. Unless you are an expert, I would recommend only one function per switch.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.