DSP7500 OS3.002 Update disaster

Home Forums Products Rackmount DSP7500 OS3.002 Update disaster

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Power Wizard

Hi, just tried to download OS3.002 and got the "E100(OPEN COMMAND ALKERROR100) Transfer abandoned. I chose the Restart option and it went into "Starting tests" mode, which I had to stop as it wentt on forever.

Trying to download again it gets to 50% like the first time and repeats as above. Now its useless as all I get is "Main Memory Unprogrammed"

I have dowloaded new OS on loads of gear including Elektron drum machines and loads of synths but never had anythin as frightening as this.

Please help somebody.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Clearly, the update has gone wrong, leaving the main memory un-programmed.  You should try again several times, on a different computer if necessary. Be sure that ALL applications, especially web or network ones, are closed before the download.

If it fails at the same point every time, it could be a hardware (memory) problem. If this seems to be the case, contact support@eventide.com

Power Wizard

Thanks Nick, I have since successfuly loaded the software using an older PC with built in serial port. I think theproblem is the USB to serial converter cable which doesn't work as well as the real thing. So the unit is now working fine !

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.