H90 blank screen (is this a common problem?)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 blank screen (is this a common problem?)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      merek
      Participant

I have an H90 with a non-working screen. Submitted a support ticket and it’s going to be a $100 repair, with turnaround time looking like weeks out (“We can give you a better estimate of the turnaround time for the repair once it is received, but it is usually not much longer than a few weeks.”).

I’m a full time working musician and can’t wait that long without a pedal on my board, and I really hate to shell out for another one to use while waiting for the repair. I’ve also never had a stompbox screen die on me, especially with such a relatively new pedal. This pedal was registered late November 2022, never abused.

Is this screen defect a common issue?

Anyone else have experience with the Eventide repair process and know approximately how long I can expect to wait?

brock
      Participant

I don’t believe I’ve seen any reports – before this one – of the H90 screen going out.  I keep an eye out for that, with 2 OLED’s on almost continuously here (screensaver 30 min.).  Obviously, it can happen (connector jostled loose?), it just seems to me to be rare so far.

Consider that this is a holiday week in the US, and many people ‘bookend’ their vacations around it.  So that might back it up a little.

Other than that, I’ve never personally had dealings with the Eventide repair shop.  But the company as a whole are all straight-shooters.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

I’m very sorry for the issues you are having with your H90. We understand that this is an inconvenience to you.

For clarity, the $100 fee is our standard repair fee for stompboxes outside of the 1-year warranty period.

Your best option is to get the pedal sent in to us as soon as you can so we can figure out what happened and start the repair process. I just checked in with our repair team and it looks we can get the repair done in closer to 1 week (please note this is not a guarantee, I’m just trying to provide you with a more accurate turnaround time).

As Brock mentioned, tomorrow is a holiday, but please continue to use the support ticket you opened and we can work to get your pedal repaired and back to you ASAP.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

merek
      Participant

Okay, thank you both for the timely replies. Before I posted I had found a couple of other cases of screen issues: a thread on this forum (“H90 troubleshooting: blank screen”) and a YouTube video titled “Eventide H90 Screen Problem,” so I figured it couldn’t be a completely isolated problem. The YT poster wrote that Eventide immediately sent a replacement unit, so I think my expectations were shaped by that before I reached out to Eventide support. To be fair I’m guessing his unit was still under warranty. Anyway, I will send my unit out for repair tomorrow and hope for the best with the turnaround time.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.