h90 looper control delay

Home Forums Products Stompboxes h90 looper control delay

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      danperfect
      Participant

Hi

I am using a Morningstar MC8 to control the looper functions on the H90, all works as expected, but there is a small delay after pressing the footswitch when recording that truncates the first transient. This is not the case when using the inbuilt footswitch, but I need floor control – so, is this what others have found, and will a 3 button external switch give me the record start without the short pause?

Thanks!

brock
      Participant

Quick question: Have you tried setting up Looper Mode for that MC8 switch action, or set the overall Switch Sensitivity to 5?

danperfect
      Participant

Hi

thanks for the reply – not sure what you mean – the MC8 is sending CC midi messages to the H90 to control the looper functions.  Are you suggesting another way?

brock
      Participant

I was.  Sorry if that was unclear.  I assume your MC8 features are the same as the MC6 Pro here.  My suggestion was to set the transmitting MC8 switch at maximum sensitivity.  Then use that as a diagnostic to determine if the small delay is on the MC8 controller end, or on the H90’s reception of that MIDI CC.

https://manuals.morningstar.io/mc-midi-controller/Looper-Mode-for-Zero-latency-Looper-Control.186155011.html

I guess it could also be caused by a lot of unrelated MIDI messages being transmitted ‘simultaneously’ (serially) by the same switch.  As the MC6 Pro can transmit up to 32, it’s worth mentioning as another possible cause.

fiddlercrabseason
      Participant

Also worth asking…  Do you have tempo sync enabled on the H90 Looper preset?

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.8.6/content/algorithms/looper.html

“…Tempo Sync Footswitch Quantization

MIDI Clock is made up of a series 24 “ticks” per beat. Tempo Sync quantizes many of the Footswitch actions either to the next MIDI beat or the next MIDI tick...”

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.