H90 – Mute Path 2 in Dual Routing?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 – Mute Path 2 in Dual Routing?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      HumanV3
      Participant

Hey!

I have a dual routing setup for 2 guitars (my use), and would like to “mute” or disable Path 2 on certain patches. Is this possible?

udi9
      Participant

If you’d like to have a program with only one active path, you can add a Mute algo to the other path.

If you want to have a program with 2 active paths and mute one of them on the fly without switching to another program, you can map a HotSwitch to the preset’s Out Gain and set it to minimum.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

An alternative to the HotSwitch mapped to output gain: if you have Kill Dry enabled for a preset, it will not pass through any signal when it is bypassed (effectively working as a mute).

HumanV3
      Participant

Thanks so much for the responses ๐Ÿ™‚

If youโ€™d like to have a program with only one active path, you can add a Mute algo to the other path. If you want to have a program with 2 active paths and mute one of them on the fly without switching to another program, you can map a HotSwitch to the presetโ€™s Out Gain and set it to minimum.

I assume this means only one algorithm for the active channel? There are some cases where I’d like to use both algorithms for the soundscape :/

An alternative to the HotSwitch mapped to output gain: if you have Kill Dry enabled for a preset, it will not pass through any signal when it is bypassed (effectively working as a mute).

My scenario: One electric, one acoustic. I do also have someone play acoustic with me for certain songs. I’d like to “mute” the acoustic for certain patches while my electric uses 2 algorithms on Path 1, and “disable” path 2.

That being said, is your suggestion meaning that as long as I don’t play the acoustic is essentially “mutes”? I’m concerned about stage sound vibing with the sound hole and feeding back ๐Ÿ™‚

*This is also may second day with the H90, and so far the YT vids are seriously helpful… except for this lol

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Thanks for providing more information about your setup. I don’t think Kill Dry will work for this, that would remove the dry signal completely and you would only hear the wet effected signal (no dry acoustic guitar).

If both algorithms are on Path 1, then there will be no way to adjust the level or bypass Path 2.

The simplest solution may be to connect the acoustic guitar to a physical mute switch or tuner before it goes into the H90 so you can easily mute it.

HumanV3
        Participant

Thanks for the quick response! I was afraid of that lol! While playing around I was getting the weird “ghosting” of reverbs and delays etc, so thanks for that confirmation ๐Ÿ™‚

Another added piece to this convoluted setup is that I also have to switch acoustics from time to time (live musical theatre) which resides on Path 2, but luckily I just recalled that my Sennheiser XSW-D has a mute function, so I can use that for now ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿค˜

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

You’re welcome. Sounds like the mute on your Sennheiser is a good solution.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.