H90 Spring Algorithm Midi CC Issue

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Spring Algorithm Midi CC Issue

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      simon
      Participant

i have two presets with spring reverb:

Preset 1: spring with trem intensity set to 0, (I don’t want tremolo in this preset)

Preset 2 : sending a midi CC with Morningstar MC6 PRO for activate the tremolo intensity(from 0 to 50)

the tremolo does not activate, it is activated only if I move the value manually from 50 to 49 for example or any other value.

Thanks

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      udi9
      Participant

Make sure your H90 and MC6 are on the same MIDI channel, and try a different CC#. some devices might not recognize CC#0.

Also, make sure the MC6 is sending the CC message at 127.

udi9
      Participant

One more thing just to make sure, I don’t know if by the “2 presets” you mean two MC6 presets or two H90 presets….but if we’re talking about the H90, you don’t need a separate preset to change a specific control, you can do it within the same preset. Just send the CC you chose to the H90 and the programmed control will change.

simon
      Participant

My H90 and MC6 are on the same midi channel and the value of Midi CC is 127.

I also tried with another midi cc but with the same result..

thank you so much for your reply

simon
      Participant

2 Presets in the MC6 and the same preset for H90:

MC6 preset 1 to H90 preset 1 with no tremolo

MC6 preset 2 to H90 preset 1 but with midi cc for activate tremolo

udi9
      Participant

I just tried it here and it’s working fine. Maybe your MC6 is also sending a PC message on preset 2? make sure you’re only sending the CC message.

udi9
      Participant

Here’s one more thought, if you want to send a Program Change message with the CC message, you might need to add a short delay between them for the H90 to recognize both messages. I’m not completely familiar with the MC6, but if you can’t program a delay between the messages, try to send the PC on press and the CC on release.

simon
      Participant

H90 recognizes the message because the value in the trem intensity change but there is no tremolo in the audio..

udi9
      Participant

Oh, I see. I thought the value isn’t even changing….
      I don’t have a MIDI controller that can send PC messages right now, but I’ve tried sending a CC message to the Intensity control in the Spring algo and it works as expected.
      What happens when you send just the CC message and your first preset is already loaded?

simon
      Participant

if I only send a Midi CC it work..

udi9
      Participant

Maybe someone from Eventide will comment soon, but in the meantime I’d try my suggestion above – set the MC6 to send the PC message on button press and the CC on button release, see if that works.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.