Mixing Link Auxiliary Input Physical Specifications

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Mixing Link Auxiliary Input Physical Specifications

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Synergist
      Participant

To Whom it May Concern:

I have been very successfully using a “Mixing Link” D.I. box as a basic mic pre-amp…thus far…

HOWEVER, I NOW wish to utilize the “Auxiliary Input” to receive a stereo, (or mono?), signal along which to practice and/or play aloud…and I find the manual’s description of the input socket as well as the required male plug somewhat unclear if not confusing…

What type and size “mini-plug” does the input port require, and can it accept a “standard” “TRS” plug? rather than a “TRRS” mini-plug…I do NOT need the input to communicate BACKWARD to the signal source…I simply need the Aux. Input” to accept a stereo/mono(?) signal so that I can listen to a backing track via headphones or an amplifier as well as listen to myself via the mic pre-amp input…

Thank You for your assistance!…

Sincerely,

T.A.K.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

What type and size “mini-plug” does the input port require, and can it accept a “standard” “TRS” plug? rather than a “TRRS” mini-plug

Hi Synergist,

The MixingLink’s Aux input accepts a standard 1/8″ (3.5mm) input for simple stereo playback of audio from an external device. The only time a TRRS connector is necessary is when you wish to direct audio to an external device; for example, if you use software like IK Multimedia’s Amplitude on a mobile device. The TRRS connection takes care of audio into the external device and back to the MixingLink through one cable.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.