My issue with the catchup feature

Home Forums Products Stompboxes My issue with the catchup feature

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Lanefair

I use the catchup feature, which is great for knowing how my presets are set up on the Timefactor. But I also assign things like pdl and mix to my Behringer FCB1010 expression pedals. Guess what happens: Instead of controlling delay mix in realtime via MIDI, the Timefactor tells me to turn my knob to the left/right.

So I guess my question is, can you set the catchup feature to ignore MIDI commands, because I can't think of a situation where you'd need catchup mode while adjusting the Timefactor from an external source, you'd always have the timefactor in front of you surely???

achaput

Good point. Which software version are you using?

Lanefair

I was using the most recent version, 2.4.something. I've just upgraded to the beta software but haven't tried this out on it yet.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You are right – it's a bug. Amazing that neither we nor anyone else has noticed it until now.

It has been fixed and will be available in the next version, due later this month or early next.

Lanefair

Do I get a free Pitchfactor for pointing it out?. . .

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Interestingly, there has been much discussion here as to whether it is a bug.

One faction feels that the purpose of catchup is to protect the preset settings from change, whether deliberate or accidental.

The other faction thinks that the purpose of catchup is to avoid abrupt changes due to, for example, moving a knob which is not pointing at the current value.

So, no cigar until we get a conclusion. What do people out there think ?

Lanefair

I disagree. If you want to protect  a preset from change, don't save it.

I see it as a means of knowing what each knob is set to, compared to what it physically is at the time. External controllers shouldn't be limited by this surely?

thejay

I know myself if I had mistakely moved a knob I didn't mean to I'm glad it didn't save it with the feature on. Would be nice though to be able to see the setting without have to move it at all, maybe push the knob down or something to indicate the value of the setting prior to turning it??

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.