Natural Feedback Creation Algo for H90

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Natural Feedback Creation Algo for H90

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      nico___
      Participant

it would be nice to add this feature in some pitch algos or create  a dedicated one maybe.

Puppeteer
      Participant

I have built some on the H9000, but not sure I can migrate them to the H90

brock
      Participant

I’m curious on how you structured that (the component algorithms / patching you used).

I have a POG-like Program (DynaVerb OmniPressor -> PolyPhony) that I’ve considered modifying as a natural harmonic feedbacker.  Perhaps using the HotSwitches for FreqOut-like harmonic switching.  I’d need to re-configure some kind of trailing sustain into the mix.

nico___
      Participant

interesting, where i can find your pog like algos? @brock

brock
        Participant

There are a few up on PatchStorage, with more in the wings.  They get reasonably close, but are far from perfect.(I’ve gotten side-tracked lately on the impossible task of emulating all 32 Lexicon Vortex algorithms).

If you d/l this particular one, the DynaVerb Threshold of -12.0 dB is too high of a trigger level for most systems.  Dial it up to ~ -36 dB (+/-).  I need to fix that one.

https://patchstorage.com/approaching-a-pogee/

coirbidh_99
        Participant

These Vortex emulations are relevant to my interests, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!

brock
        Participant

Quite frankly, I am catching Holy Hell by attempting to pull this off.  I have a Vortex here for 1:1 later on, but I wanted to get the H90 algo selection & placement down first.  No preconceptions.

Which means trying to cram 4-8 distinct effects into two Presets, without relying on Inserts, or any non-standard external controllers [envelope follower].  True audio morphing is a lost cause; some of the cross-feedback routing just can’t be done (so far).

I’m shooting for accuracy (otherwise, what’s the point?), but I may have to settle for “Inspired By”.  Or leaving out some of the “Registers”.

Then again, every time I revisit the project, I get a “What if I used *this* algo instead?”.  So, still clinging on to hope here …

brock
      Participant

These Vortex emulations are relevant to my interests, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!

Subscribe here

Puppeteer
      Participant

I’m curious on how you structured that (the component algorithms / patching you used). I have a POG-like Program (DynaVerb OmniPressor -> PolyPhony) that I’ve considered modifying as a natural harmonic feedbacker. Perhaps using the HotSwitches for FreqOut-like harmonic switching. I’d need to re-configure some kind of trailing sustain into the mix.

The manual with the block diagram for one example is available here – https://godlike.com.au/fileadmin/godlike/patch/h9000/manuals/Dub_Delay_Para_User_Guide.pdf

On the H9000 its possible to completely rewire things at the algorithm level, whereas the H90 seems to be more like rearranging existing algorithms, similar to a H9000 chain (I don’t own a H9 or H90). I’m not sure if it is possible to load a custom algorithm onto the H90 without Eventide’s help. I suspect that they use the same toolkit to build the H90 algorithms, but pretty sure they have a custom tool to prepare algorithms for the H90, as opposed to the H9000.

nico___
      Participant

on the h9/h90 there is no way to “deep” modify algos, you can use only 2 algo on h90 (paralles or in series), you could put a second h9/h90 in the insert of other h90 for example, but it will be trickier to setup things

brock
      Participant

The manual with the block diagram for one example is available here – https://godlike.com.au/fileadmin/godlike/patch/h9000/manuals/Dub_Delay_Para_User_Guide.pdf On the H9000 its possible to completely rewire things at the algorithm level, whereas the H90 seems to be more like rearranging existing algorithms, similar to a H9000 chain (I don’t own a H9 or H90). I’m not sure if it is possible to load a custom algorithm onto the H90 without Eventide’s help. I suspect that they use the same toolkit to build the H90 algorithms, but pretty sure they have a custom tool to prepare algorithms for the H90, as opposed to the H9000.

Thanks for that.  Compression in a feedback loop (using a Beebo through the Inserts) showed promise.  It’s going to be a challenge to translate that to a universal H90 setup.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.