Powering an Eventide h90 from Strymon Ojai R30

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Powering an Eventide h90 from Strymon Ojai R30

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      BenG
      Participant

Hello Just getting going on the eventide h90, important 1st question is about powering the pedal on a pedalboard using the Strymon Ojai R30. Looks like this h90 pedal sucks up big power (it’s getting warm just sitting on my desk!) and needs a fair amount of amperage. I have what looks like a ‘current doubler’ from  Voodoo lab, and connecting this to a center positive cord. (See photo) First, is this the correct, safe way to power this unit from the Ojai? Anyone else using this?As far as I can tell this is NOT a voltage doubler, but a CURRENT doubler cord… the cord itself does not say, but the website at Voodoo Lab pictures this cord under ‘current doubler.’. I can set the output on the Ojai to either 12V or 9V. Whats the minimum amperage necessary for either setting? If I can get the necessary amperage from either voltage, which voltage is recommended? Thanks!H90 power supply cord

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I have what looks like a ‘current doubler’ from Voodoo lab, and connecting this to a center positive cord. (See photo) First, is this the correct, safe way to power this unit from the Ojai?

Yes, as long as this is a current doubler cable this is the exact configuration needed to power the H90.

I can set the output on the Ojai to either 12V or 9V. Whats the minimum amperage necessary for either setting? If I can get the necessary amperage from either voltage, which voltage is recommended?

800mA @ 9V
      600 mA @ 12V

I would go the 12V route because you’d be well within the tolerances of the H90 at that voltage.

Stratmaster
      Participant

I’m using the Strymon Zuma with a current doubler using two 9volt/500mA outputs = 9volts1A.

The H90 uses a 5.5/2.5mm DC jack (a ”standard” 9voltt DC  jack is 2.1 mm) so you need to get a current doubler cable with the right plug.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.